Saturday, June 2, 2012

Meet Jennifer

We have decided that on most Saturdays we will do an interview with someone and I thought what could be more appropriate for our first interview than that of our fearless leader.  Meet Jennifer Tubbiolo:

Can you tell us a little about your family?
I met my husband, Mickey, 15 years ago on a blind date and we never looked back. We have three kids: our 10 year old artist and fashionista, Mia, our Egyptologist and baseball player, Griffin (7) and our math wiz and soccer star, Nate (6). The rest of our family consists of our Boggle (Beagle/Boxer mix), Daisy, Chihuahua puppy, Cookie, and cat, Chaz.

If you had only one word to describe yourself, what would it be?
That is a tough one...I would probably say "driven", but is that the way I see myself verses how others see me? I don't know!
 
What's the one accomplishment that you are most proud of? Why?
The one thing I'm probably most proud of is my family. Every day I look in awe at how my kids are growing, and learning, and becoming little talented and interesting people, and how my husband and I are enjoying this life that God has given us. I know it's not one thing, but it's something that I am truly grateful for everyday.

How did you come up with the idea for Voices: Write To Be Heard?
About 18 months ago, when I began writing a book, I started talking to people about it. I found many other women who were also in the process of writing a book, or creating a blog, or writing for a ministry. It gave me the idea to start a writer's group for women to encourage and support each other. I thought there would be about 6 or 7 of us, but when I spread the word about the group, so many women were interested. I had 50-60 responses on The City and Facebook. Voices: Write to be Heard was born. Thankfully, several talented women agreed to help me lead it!

What is one thing that most people don't know about you?
Most people don't know that my favorite Christmas movie is Christmas Vacation and not only do I look forward to watching it every year, I have to keep myself from watching it in July! (Yes, it is THAT funny!)

So there you have it.  A little insight into the life of our founder, Jennifer.  If you ever have a chance to sit and chat with her, not only will you get a great listening ear with some great advice, you will walk away inspired!  Thanks Jennifer!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inviting me into this amazing group of women Jennifer.  You are truly inspirational.  Thanks for sharing some fun details about your life too.  Blessigns!!

    ReplyDelete